Benefits of authentically sprouted flour:
• removes the bitterness found in unsprouted whole grain
• unlocks nutrients so they are more bioavailable
• neutralizes complex sugars responsible for indigestion and produces enzymes that aid in digestion
• maintains 100% whole grain fiber necessary for a healthy diet
• creates alternative to refined white flour, especially for those with starch sensitivities
• milled to contain great baking characteristics. Use 1:1 in most formulations
• better performance at higher hydration
• significantly extends shelf life, baked products are softer and stay fresh longer - naturally
• produced under quality-controlled conditions in a certified organic BRC-certified mill
• tested to assure sprout action
Benefits reported for consuming authentically sprouted flour:
• increases the bioavailability of nutrients which lay dormant in whole grains, enhancing the nutritional density of sprouted whole-grain foods. One of the main nutrients is phenolic acid, which contains antioxidant activities.
• converts starches into simple sugars that the body uses for energy, versus starches that can be stored as fat
• significantly reduces glycaemic and insulinaemic responses and increases satiety, both of which are useful in the management of type 2 diabetes and weight regulation
• ignites the amylase activity, or beneficial organisms such as lactobacilli that aid in digestion; sprouted grain flour is a natural laxative
• develops the flavor which allows 100% of the whole grain (high fiber)
• enhances the hydrolysis of phytic acid, an enzyme inhibitor, allowing for better absorption of nutrients
• includes the whole grain including the bran, which contains most of the vitamins, minerals and fiber found in whole grain.
Recent studies show that refined while flour is devoid of fiber necessary for a healthy diet. Today, emerging science is illustrating the benefits of whole grains in combating heart disease, cancer and diabetes. Quite possibly, sprouted whole grains may play a part in prevention of these serious diseases. Imagine eating your favorite baked goods such as pancakes, cookies or breads made with flour that digests more like vegetables than starches!
Essential Eating Sprouted Flours are NOT traditional flours that have had a higher percentage of malt or malted flour added. The Falling Number test, not a visual test, is used to determine the level of amylase activity or peak sprout action. Adding malt to traditional flour could lower the Falling Number but it will not have the digestive and nutrient benefits of properly sprouted whole grain flour.
The sprouted flour process gently dries the grain and stops the sprout action at its peak, creating amazing flavor without a fermented taste. Sprouted flour without a sweet aroma or with fermented overtones has not been sprouted properly.
Essential Eating Sprouted Flour is purposely not stone ground but instead utilizes sanitary modern stainless-steel milling equipment. The process produces great baking characteristics so this sprouted flour can be used one-for-one in most formulations. It is milled in a way that results in the flour being smooth in texture, not grainy. The extra time, effort and resources required to make this premium product shows in the better-performing and better-tasting flour.
Essential Eating Sprouted Flours have:
• a different look, a uniform creamy color
• a different consistent, very soft and silky fine feel
• a well rounded, clean taste and aroma that is not bitter
• nutrition that is enhanced due to germination/fermentation reaction
• better performance at higher hydrations of 85-95% and has already accomplished the desired goals of a pre-fermented step. Can be used 1 for 1 in place of traditional whole grain flour with additional water
• baking characteristics that are more golden brown due to an increase in caramelized sugars
• baked products are softer and stay fresh longer – naturally
Essential Eating Sprouted Hard Whole Wheat Flour
Essential Eating Sprouted Soft Whole Wheat Flour
Essential Eating Sprouted Whole Spelt Flour
Essential Eating Sprouted Whole Buckwheat Flour
Essential Eating Sprouted Whole Ancient Grain Flour
"I absolutely LOVE baking with the Essential Eating sprouted flour. I can tell the difference immediately (in my body) and so I want to use it for everything! —B Rizzio
"I've been a baker all my life and now my bread diet consists mostly of sprouted whole grain flour bread because I feel better and it tastes so good.
—Scott Fox, Bakery Director Dorothy Lane Markets
"I only eat breads and baked goods that are made with Essential Eating sprouted flour. After eliminating white and whole grain flour from my diet, I became more regular and began losing weight effortlessly." —C. Ballard
"Using this flour offers me a rare opportunity to be part of the seismic shift that is being created by Essential Eating Sprouted Flour, as it improves the taste, digestibility and nutrition of baked goods."
—Nick Greco, Artisan of Yeasted Dough R&D, Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
"Sprouted flour breads fill me up, and taste YUMMY!" —P. Davidson
"I have been eating Essential Eating sprouted flour breads for more than two years and won't go back to bread made with white flour. Sprouted flour baked goods taste so much better than white flour and it is better for me and I feel better." —M. Conklin
"Who wouldn't love baked goods made with Essential Eating sprouted flour? I can tell a big difference in my digestion when I use sprouted flour versus the nutrient-devoid white stuff." —M. Yardley
"Essential Eating sprouted flour bread is so healthy: more nutrition, more fiber, more flavor!" —K. Elderman
"It is hard to find a treat that isn't full of bad stuff like bleached flour, processed sugar, and fat. Thanks to the recipes from Essential Eating, I can enjoy healthy cookies, pastries, and my own biscotti's made with Essential Eating sprouted flour without feeling I have started the day on the wrong foot. I believe that sets me up for a day of healthy eating." —C. Burns
"I have been eating sprouted flour bread for quite a few years now but my family has not yet converted. I recently ran out of white bleached processed bread and substituted the sprouted bread in my son's lunch. He now requests sprouted bread for all of his sandwiches… You know the old saying: 'Try it you'll like it!'" —S. Peron
"You don't get constipated from sprouted breads made with Essential Eating sprouted flours!!!" —J. Kalin
"My children just love the spouted waffles! They thought I was baking cookies but it was the waffle iron! I make them in a big batch and freeze them so they can have sprouted waffles before school!" —C. Massaro
"I believe Essential Eating sprouted flour is truly the way flour was intended to taste—flavorful, wholesome, delicious and nurturing!" —M. Jeffrey